Interests in blogs and blogging have increased rapidly and dramatically in recent years. Money can be made with a variety of ways; however, making money with blogging is lucrative. Once you learn ways to blog, you can make a living from it and express your ideas to the world.
Blogging can be useful if you want to supplement your income with more extra money or if you want to support a lifestyle for yourself; if you are ready to put in the effort, blogging can benefit you greatly. So, if you’re going to become a blogger, do not be discouraged, make sure to tick in all these boxes given in the checklist below:
Setting Up Your Blog
– Find yourself a blogging platform. We recommend using WordPress on a paid hosting account.
– If you are on a low budget you can use Blogger.com but longterm this is not recommended and your options are limited.
– Use the platform to design, customize and develop your blog to give it the layout and feel that suits your niche. Keep things basic works perfect.
– Creating Useful Content
You cannot become a blogger unless you create good content for your readers.
– Define your goals and aims. These are the targets you want to achieve with the power of your writing.
– Carry out some target market research- find a niche. A target audience can help you know exactly what you want to write about.
1) Where does your audience hang out online?
2) What sort of content is enjoyed the most?
Create a content calendar. You can do this at Airtable. Sign in with your email address and create a free account.
A content calendar can help you keep your content on top-notch and to publish it on time.
Earning Revenue with Blogging
Make money by placing ads on your blogging site.
Use CPC or PPC ads- these generate money with every click the readers give.
Use CPM ads- these generate a fixed amount of money based on how many people view your ad.
You can include affiliate links in your content. First, find yourself an advertiser who has a product to sell.
Decide on a fixed commission that you’d get from each sale that results in due to your site.
The advertiser will give you an affiliate link, which will track purchases done through the link on your site.
You can include affiliate links in your content either directly or through banner ads.
A reader clicking on your link will earn you a percentage of what she purchased.
Writing EBooks, creating workshops, music videos etc. can help you earn on your blog as well.